Kelly's of Roman Road market is a family owned traditional pie and mash shop. Our expertise ensures a high quality product and we have an excellent reputation. We use traditional methods of production and our pie and mash tastes as pie and mash should!
Our bake-house is attached to our shop and we make and bake here. Because we make all our own pies and crumbles we know exactly what goes into them: We don't use any hydrogenated fats and only use fresh British beef and fresh British roast chicken.
This year we were pleased to achieve a Gold 'Food for Health' award from Tower Hamlets because:
Our own freshly baked beef pies
Home made fruit crumbles straight from the oven
- We have reduced the fat in our pastry by 20%
- Our mashed potato is a healthy option from fatty chips
- We have reduced the amount of salt we use
- Our eels are a healthy oily fish
Pies hand-made in the traditional way
- Traditional: filled with fresh, premium quality British beef. No artificial flavourings - just a little seasoning.
- Vegetarian: soya mince and onion filling suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Chicken and mushroom: British chicken breast with fresh mushrooms, onion and herbs.
- Fruit pies: Home-made apple or cherry pies. The apple pies are made with fresh Bramley apple.
- Fruit crumbles: Home-made apple, rhubarb or berry.
We naturally use only fresh potatoes which we buy direct from New Spitalfields Market. We try to source potatoes grown locally in East Anglia, usually Maris Pipers or Caras.
Parsley Sauce (Liquor)
A simple sauce made to our own recipe. This includes parsley and seasoning but without additives or colourings. Suitable for vegetarians
We are always happy to serve our pies with brown gravy as an alternative.
Kelly for Jelly!
Our eels have been supplied by the famous 'Barney's of Billingsgate ' for nearly forty years providing us with fresh eels for our hot eel trade and quality jellied eels.